Formed in 1975, we serve as a trusted resource to educate, advocate and promote ethical and professional standards for the rental housing community.
The Baton Rouge Apartment Association is a local trade association formed in 1975 representing owners, developers, investors, managers and employees of apartment communities and vendors who provide products and services to the industry. Throughout its history, BRAA has dedicated itself to serving the needs of the Greater Baton Rouge multifamily industry. BRAA is affiliated with both the Apartment Association of Louisiana and the National Apartment Association; members of BRAA are also members of the state and national association. BRAA prides itself in keeping the membership up to date with changes and opportunities in the multifamily industry.
We have recently moved to new campus that include state of the art all digital classrooms, fully equipped computer training labs, event, meeting and conference space that will support our education mission. An all new staff with over 100 years of combined association management experience in the Baton Rouge community will help execute on the strategic initiatives established by our members through their strategic plan. The goals for 2016-2019 include:
- Updating governance structure and organizational bylaws to modernize the organization and equip BRAA for future growth.
- Adopt technology solutions to provide efficient online resources.
- Focus on member development to drive growth in the multifamily community in our region.
- Expand advocacy efforts and development
- Looking for and acting on strategic partnerships that support the mission of BRAA
The BRAA is a volunteer led organization, governed by bylaws which were last updated in July of 2016 to make the organizations governance process more streamlined and efficient.
BRAA BYLAWS APPROVED 07-2016